19-20 October 2021
Building upon the positive results of the first edition of the Finance in Common Summit (FiCS), Public Development Banks convened for a second time to reiterate and reinforce their commitments in support of common actions for climate and sustainable development.
The Summit was hosted by Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP), the Italian National Promotional Institution and Financial Institution for Development Cooperation, in partnership with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and with the support from all the members of the Finance in Common Coalition. It was held 19-20 October 2021 in Rome and in digital format, and gathered the whole development bank community, comprising more than 500 PDBs and other key stakeholders (governments, central banks, private sector, civil society, think tanks and academia, etc.).
BOOKLET AND PROGRAM
2021 PROGRESS REPORT
Progress and New Directions for the Public Development Banks Coalition and its Stakeholders
Finance in Common Summit: Public Development Banks around the world strengthen their commitment to post-pandemic recovery, sustainable development and agriculture
FiCS 2021 REPLAYS
- Context and objectives: click here
- The role of finance and PDBs for promoting sustainable agriculture worldwide: click here
- The challenge of the digital agricultural revolution: click here
- Operationalizing the agriculture-planet nexus: click here
- How to make agriculture and food systems part of the climate solution? click here
- Do more, do better! Partnering for social investment: click here
- The role of PDBs in promoting sustainable agriculture around the world: click here
- Scaling up Green, Social and Sustainability bonds in developing countries: click here
- Unlocking finance for an urban and territorial just transition, the role of SDBs: click here
- Investing for change: from water and sanitation investments to resilient countries with PDBs: click here
- How to reinforce collaboration between foundations, private philanthropy, public donors and PDBs: click here
- Investing in adaptation and leveraging Nature-based solutions to build resiliency: click here
- 500+ mobilized for the Finance in Common Coalition: the first database on PDBs and DFIs worldwide: click here
- The global coalition of PDBs: potentials, results and new roadmap for Finance in Common Coalition: click here
- Sustainable Finance to ‘leave no one behind’: click here
- Leaders' dialogue: click here
- Public Development Banks – Investors Dialogue: click here
- Gender Equality, Climate Change and Funding: click here
- Inclusive financing solutions for Africa’s entrepreneurs: click here
- Scaling-up PDBs’ sport for sustainable development programs: click here
- The Finance in Common Summit 2021: towards G20, COP 26 and FiCS 2022: click here
Public Development Banks in Action
The PDBs in Action platform seeks to promote projects and programs led by PDBs in their respective jurisdictions, whether international, regional or national, that illustrate the critical role of PDBs in addressing urgent issues, sustainable recovery, and climate action, and in achieving positive outcomes for people and planet.
The projects may also be supported (and in some cases, led) by other partners, e.g. humanitarian or philanthropic organizations, NGOs, universities, or Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs), each bringing a comparative advantage on the operational schemes.
30 projects are showcased during the Finance in Common Summit.