In the lead up of the second edition of the Finance in Common Summit, which will take place on 19th and 20th of October, and with the view to contributing to a successful COP26 in November, EIB and AFD, with partners from EDFI, CDC Group and MDBs invite you to the Conference On the Way to FiCS 2021 and COP26 PDBs moving forward on Paris alignment.
Introduction 2:30-2:35 pm (5mn)
- By the Moderator : Ms. Barbara Buchner, Global Managing Director, Climate Policy Initiative
Welcome, framing of event (including introduction of panelists), main stakes related to Paris alignment and Landscape of Climate Finance
High-level dialogue 2:35-2:50pm (15 min)
Topics for discussion:
- What are the most prominent achievements that were accomplished since FICS 2020?
- How can the Finance in Common Summit and the coalition of 500 PDBs can contribute to successful outcomes at COP26?
- What are the specific role of PDBs to mobilize climate finance, especially for adaptation, and support shifting financial flows?
- Mr. Rémy Rioux, IDFC Chairman and President of Finance in Common Initiative: FICS dynamic, IDFC mobilization on climate finance and Paris alignment. (5mn)
- Mr. Ambroise Fayolle, VP European Investment Bank: Climate strategy and Paris alignment of EIB. (5mn)
- Ms. Amal-Lee Amin, Climate Change Director, CDC Group and Senior Advisor COP26 Unit, Cabinet Office: work plan and progress made on the Adaptation and Resilience Collaborative. (5mn)
Paris alignment discussion 2:50-3:40pm (40 min)
Topics for discussion:
- How do you work on implementing and operationalizing Paris alignment in practice?
- What success and challenges do you face within your institution?
- What are your perspectives on the frontier topic of analyzing alignment of counterparts?
- Ms. Bernice Van Bronkhorst, Global Director Climate Change, World Bank – on behalf of MDBs joint work on Paris alignment
- Ms. Nancy Saich, Chief Climate Change Expert, EIB: alignment methodologies, including alignment of counterparts
- Mr. Ubaldo Elizondo, Climate coordinator and Co-Lead Climate Group of IDFC, CAF: strong climate momentum, status of the climate road map
- Mr. Muhammed Sayed, Climate Change Specialist, DBSA: Paris alignment strategy, alignment of counterparts
- Mr. Søren Andreasen, CEO, European Development Financing Institution: update on work regarding harmonized practices on Paris alignment and TCFD reporting from EDFI.
Last round of question on the Framework for Sustainable Finance Integrity 3:40-3:50pm (10min)
Conclusion 3:50-4pm (10mn)
Mr. Dharshan Wignarajah, Deputy Director Finance & Resilience, Cabinet Office UK, COP26: Acknowledging work of PDBs and providing its vision towards COP26.