CEB – The Council of Europe Development Bank
Organized under the auspices of the Coalition of Social Investment
9 November, 11:30-12:30 GMT / 12.30-13.30 CET
The social agenda is interlinked with the climate and economic agendas.
Investment in sustainable social infrastructure is critical for climate mitigation and adaptation – notably supporting urban planning and infrastructure for disaster risk reduction, and building resilient services to protect the investment in human capital and contribute to reducing the poverty impacts of climate change.
The session will set out the specific challenges raised by the social-climate nexus, explore what innovative solutions exist and can be replicated, including through enhanced cooperation with and between Public Development Banks; thereby making the case for an all-encompassing and integrated approach in which social investments can help achieve more sustainable, resilient and inclusive systems and societies.
- Jelica Vesic, Communications Officer at the Council of Europe Development Bank
- Julie Becker, CEO of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and Founder of the Luxembourg Green Exchange
- Isabelle Brun, Head of the Strategic Development Division at the Council of Europe Development Bank and Co-lead of the Coalition for Social Investment
- Bent Madsen, President of Housing Europe
- Adama Mariko, Secretary General of the Finance in Common Summit